The stuggle continues

When we arrived at the airline desk this afternoon, we heard the unthinkable news…..the plane came with no oxygen. There was a mistake.

I went speechless and walked to a couch a flopped down. I didn’t know what to do. We could not return to Goma and I was unsure if our single oxygen tank would last 24 more hours.

After a few moments, we left and drove to a hotel. We are currently just sitting and waiting for the next flight. When Maua feels good, we stop the oxygen. When she is short of breath, we replace her nasal cannula and start the flow again.

I hope the airline comes through tomorrow. If not, we may be forced to return to Congo.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: